Technical interview patterns with C#

Technical interview patterns with C#During my career I have conducted more than 200 interviews. Oftentimes a great performer and highly technical person starts searching for the new job and fails to get through even the prescreening stage, while a junior developer, recently graduated from the university, breezes though and impresses even the toughest of technical interviewers. What is the secret? How one can prepare for the interview in the companies well-known for the highest level of technical standards, toughest interviews and unsolvable problems? What are the most common elements of any technical interview? Thinking about these questions and chatting with my friends and colleagues, I formed the idea of "Interview Patterns with C#". The idea is quite simple but often overlooked by job seekers. In analogies with mathematical basis which is the minimal set of vectors necessary to define all other vectors in the space, there are basis interview questions and techniques which would let you solve big subset of related problems. The ability to recognize interview pattern (i.e. what is the intend of the question) and apply basis solution would not only give anyone powerful tool to solve the problem but also impress interviewer with the structural approach. I also started collection of such basis set of questions on my blog http://interviewpattern.com and would love to hear your comments about this idea as well as any questions you might think will fit into "basis" category.