Жак: возможно, мои лучшие деньки уже позади.

Villeneuve: My best days could already be behind meJacques Villeneuve was candid in his interview with AutosportFormer world champion Jacques Villeneuve believes his best days in GrandPrix racing could be behind him, unless his British American Racing team canturn round their fortunes to become a true front-running team.Villeneuve won his title with Williams in 1997, his second season in F1. Buttwo years later he moved to the new BAR team, run by his friend and managerCraig Pollock. After a disasterous first season, when the team failed toscore a single point, Villeneuve has helped lift the outfit''s performancesand has scored two podium finishes this season.But he has admitted to Autosport that there is still a lot of work to dobefore the team is a genuine frontrunner, and feels it is unlikely that hewill ever race for another leading team.When asked if he is locked out of driving for a top outfit, he said: "Thereis a good chance that might have happened, yes."As for the future of BAR, he said: "It all depends on the people at thefactory and how they''re working on next year''s car. I don''t think anyone''shappy with where we are now. The danger is people becoming comfortable intheir positions and just accept that ''yeah we can fight for points''. If thathappens then it will be the end. I haven''t seen that yet so at least that''sencouraging."Villeneuve also told Autosport that he does not believe it is fair tocompare four-time world champion Michael Schumacher with Ayrton Senna orAlain Prost."Schumacher''s done some great things but there is a difference," he said."Everyone says he is better than Senna and Prost but I disagree on thatbecause Senna and Prost were fighting against each other - whereas Michaeldoesn''t have a team mate he is fighting against. So he gets all the wins andthe championships instead of half of them. People forget to look at that."